The HIGHLINE team has been working hard on several new initiatives that we’ll be announcing soon that involve new corporate partners, portfolio services and funding capabilities to strengthen our Pre-Seed Investing Platform.
HIGHLINE made several new investments earlier this year around a few focus areas: FinTech (Control, Koho, Payso), Media/Advertising (Pressboard, Discover Media House), B2B SaaS (Evercondo, SilkStart, Hockeystick, CloudExchange) and Education (Lighthouse Labs). Over the coming weeks, we’ll be profiling each company to offer you more background on the businesses and founding teams, as well as updates on their growth and upcoming developments.
HIGHLINE Portfolio Companies – Funding & Transactions
- Andela raised a $10M+ US Series A led by Spark Capital | TechCrunch
- Granify raised a $7M US Series A led by Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures | VentureBeat
- Control raised a $1.5M seed round led by Vanedge Capital | Business in Vancouver
- Koho raised a $1M seed round backed by several notable Canadian investors | PYMNTS
- SilkStart raised a $550,000 seed round | Techvibes
- YouTube ads startup FameBit acquired Refame | Tech.co
- Disruption Corp merged with 1776 | WashingtonPost
HIGHLINE Portfolio Companies – Making News & Impact
- Andela: The Startup That’s Harder to Get Into Than Harvard (CNN) | This Startup Pays African Students To Learn How To Code (Fast Company)
- Opportunity and Commercialism Collide at CineCoup (National Post)
- Discover Media Takes ‘Channel-Agnostic’ to New Heights (Marketing Magazine) | The Pitch (BNN)
- How Vancouver’s Food.ee is Disrupting Corporate Catering (Canadian Business)
- Wantering: This Search Engine Lets You See The Most Popular Dress On Social Media (Refinery29)
- Open & Shut: Brika (The Star)
- Startup Picatic Aims To Eliminate Hidden Ticketing Fees (Forbes)
- Control, Payso and Mover made the Metabridge Top 15
Connect with Us at the Following Events:
- We’re co-organizing the AcceleratorFestival in Montreal on July 15th and holding office hours at the International Startup Festival.
- Join us at the UKTI Toronto & HIGHLINE Tech Summer Social on August 12th
- Register for GrowConf in Whistler on August 19th using the special HIGHLINE Discount code HL200
Hope to see you in Vancouver, Toronto or Montreal in the upcoming weeks. Big things ahead.