The following is a quick-to-read monthly update on our portfolio, investors and initiatives.
PORTFOLIO IN THE MEDIA
Last month our startups continued to attract significant media attention highlighting their growth.Control was selected for the C100 48 Hours in the Valley program. As well, four other HIGHLINE portfolio companies, DIVE Networks, SilkStart, DROP Loyalty & Open Channel were selected as part of the Metabridge Top 15 in 2016. [Betakit]
- Foodee: Businesses Need to Focus on People, Not Culture [Huffington Post]
- Koho: Power Financial bets on fintech with investment in Koho [TechVibes]
- Meta: Siblings team up to catalogue biomedical big data [StartupHereTO]
- SqueezeCMM Named in Top 25 Up-and-Coming Companies List by Branham300 [Marketwired]
- Hockeystick: With New Seed Funding, Hockeystick Looks to Compete with CB Insights for Startup Data [Betakit]
- Pressboard: Why Google’s ‘Time Spent’ Metric May Not Be the Best Measure [AdAge]
- ProductHunt Toronto returns May 26th for its Healthcare Edition, which features two HIGHLINE portfolio companies, Akira, which provides access to doctors via text and video, and Meta, which uses machine learning to make scientific makers more discoverable.
- Relay Ventures’ Strictly Mobile Summit is taking place May 10-11, 2016 in San Francisco. Check out last year’s content here.
- Yaletown Venture Partners Raising New $135 Million Emerging Growth VC Fund [BC Technology]
- HIGHLINE investors, iNovia & Relay Ventures noted as top investment funds in Toronto Startup Ecosystem [WebSummit]
PARTNER NEWS & EVENTS
- We’re excited to hear from world-class growth experts from the fastest growing companies in the last decade at Traction Conference this year on June 22nd & 23rd in Vancouver. If you are running growth for your business, you definitely don’t want to miss out. Tickets are on sale now, use HIGHLINE10 for a discount. [Register]
- Join us at Metabridge in Kelowna, BC on June 9th & 10th for the invite-only retreat that connects VIP investors and mentors from Silicon Valley to innovators north of the border.
- Save the date for International Startup Festival in Montreal, QC on July 13th – 15th. Check out the recently announced Premium Fests, presented by BDC Capital.
Hope to see you in Vancouver, Toronto & Montreal in the upcoming weeks.