The following is a quick-to-read monthly update on our portfolio, investors and initiatives.
PORTFOLIO IN THE MEDIA
- Social Nature raises $1M to promote natural products with influencer marketing. Investors include Shopify co-founder, Scott Lake, Olympic triathlete, Simon Whitfield & Brenda Irwin of Relentless Pursuit Partners [Tech Crunch]
- Akira MD wants to reduce the strain on Canada’s healthcare system [Betakit]
- Hockeystick: With new seed funding, Hockeystick looks to compete with CB Insights for Startup Data [Betakit]
- Skift: The Definitive Oral History of Online Travel [Blog].
- Lighthouse Labs launches courses in London & Halifax [The Londoner]
- Relay Ventures’ Strictly Mobile book provides a road map to understanding the transformational impact mobile technology is having on the world
- Version One Ventures‘ Guide to Marketplaces is a summary of insights they’ve learned from working with great marketplace companies, it’s been downloaded over 20,000 times!
- Yaletown Venture Partners: Five Questions with Yaletown Partners’ Brad Johns and Salil Munjal [PE Hub Canada]
- iNovia expands Waterloo region office with new hire to take a chance on early-stage entrepreneurs [Betakit]
- BDC launches a new brand identity.
PARTNER NEWS & EVENTS
- Join us in Montreal for Startup Festival on July 13th – 15th. Check out the recently announced Premium Fests, presented by BDC Capital.
- We’re excited to hear from world-class growth experts from the fastest growing companies in the last decade at Traction Conference this year on June 22nd & 23rd in Vancouver. Tickets are now sold out.
- Our friends at Launch Academy just launched a free e-mail course for entrepreneurs. Check it out here.
Hope to see you in Vancouver, Toronto & Montreal in the upcoming weeks.
-The HIGHLINE Team