Interest in Canada is at an all time high. World recognized universities producing top tier talent, strengths in the Canadian venture community and corporates empowering their intrapreneurs to actively participate in the startup ecosystem. Canada has a window of opportunity to rise above the noise as a top global innovation hub and destination to build world-class technology companies.
Our ambition has always been to not only become one of the best pre-seed investors in the world, but also create a new model to catalyze disruptive innovation. That is why we are ecstatic to announce Highline BETA, a startup co-creation company that launches new ventures with leading corporations. [BetaKit] [Montreal in Tech] [Medium] [Instigator Blog]
We believe that Startup Co-Creation is the next evolution of corporate innovation. Starting this fall, we will be focused on connecting the whole HIGHLINE family through a new series of founder + funder + corporate executive experiences.
PORTFOLIO FUNDING IN THE MEDIA
- Spark: Vancouver based Spark raises $1M in Funding [Betakit]
- Lighthouse Labs: Bridging to Technology: Launching an Indigenous Technology Ecosystem in BC [Betakit]
- Social Nature: Sampling goes digital as marketers look to track results [Globe & Mail] [Betakit]
- Koho: With money from Power and Product Shipping Daniel Eberhard Awaits the Summer of Koho [Betakit]
- Famebit Tech Founder Tell you How to Make a Killer Influencer Campaign [Forbes]
- Version One Ventures: Raising Capital for Marketplaces in 2016
- Relay Ventures’ Strictly Mobile book provides a road map to understanding the transformational impact mobile technology is having on the world
- Yaletown Venture Partners Canada’s Technology Investment Gap: Unlocking the sector’s key growth opportunity [Report]
PARTNER NEWS & EVENTS
- Startup Open House – September 22nd in Toronto, Montreal & Vancouver. [Register]
- Vancouver Startup Week – September 25-30th [Register]
- National Angel Capital Summit – October 4-6th [Register]
- VanHackathon – October 21-23rd [Register]
- Canadian Innovation Exchange – November 22nd [Apply for Top 20]
- SAAS North – November 30th-December 1st [Register]
Hope to see you in Vancouver, Toronto & Montreal in the upcoming weeks.
-The HIGHLINE Team