This month, we’re thrilled to celebrate significant recognition for our portfolio companies and initiatives we are driving across Canada. The Canadian Innovation Exchange announced their Top 20, where two HIGHLINE 2015 portfolio companies Control and
On October 29th, Startup Open House expanded nationally, where HIGHLINE team members Alex Lynn (Toronto) and Lauren Robinson (Vancouver) were key members of the organizing team that set a new record with over 7,000 participants and 350 host companies.
PORTFOLIO IN THE MEDIA
Our startups continue to attract media attention highlighting their growth.
- Meta (formerly Sciencescape) Launches Universal Machine Intelligence Platform [Press Release]
- Andela: Meet the most ambitious young founders in New York who are building the next giant companies [Business Insider]
- Foodee Gobbling Up US Markets with US Expansion [BetaKit]
- Control Mobile Founder Acquires Her Much-Bigger Competitor [Inc]
- Pressboard selected top 12 finalist for Ad:Tech New York N3 Competition [AdTech]
- Lighthouse Labs to Help Venture For Canada Grads Get Code-Savvy [BetaKit]
- FameBit Expands Influencer Marketplace Platform, Moves Into Vine, Instagram, Twitter [Tubefilter]
- Cognilab: 10 Startups chosen for Rockstart Digital Health [Startup Delta]
- PrintToPeer Launches from TechStars London 2015
- Picatic: The Next Industry Ripe for Disruption: Event Ticketing [Inc]
RECENT COMMUNITY INITIATIVES & ECOSYSTEM DEVELOPMENT
We’re proud to co-create and/or support these initiatives in a meaningful way.
- Lauren Robinson shared insights from her I-Banking experience to help drive Vancouver’s FinTech Cluster
- Alex Lynn helped architect and co-led Design Adventure Club #002
- Marcus Daniels was part of a Canadian delegation to promote the Canadian Startup Ecosystem & Startup Visa Program in San Francisco and Silicon Valley
- Marcus Daniels wrote a very direct article in the Globe & Mail on how Trudeau needs to reshape plan for tech incubator funding
- Marcus Daniels shared his thoughts in the Huffington Post on the emergence of the Pre-Seed Funding Category
- Lighthouse Labs issued out A Challenge To Party Leaders On Growth Through Code Literacy
- HIGHLINE continues to be referenced for Early Stage Tips & Tricks to Get Traction Faster and How Startups Can Go Big in NYC
Hope to see you in Atlantic Canada, Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal in the upcoming weeks.