Happy New Year! We’re sprinting into 2016 with some thoughts on how to propel the tech startup community, and mentions of some of the organizations we’re collaborating with:
- Impact driven programming between corporations and startups (MaRS, Launch Academy,BCTIA)
- A more unified ecosystem voice & pan-canadian connectivity
- More Female Funders and emphasis on women’s role as investors (Open Angel Canada, National Angel Capital Organization and CVCA)
- Evolution in the Accelerator landscape (Canadian Acceleration & Business Incubation (CABI) association) and AcceleratorFestival)
We’ve always taken an open community framework to partnerships and are excited to co-create new initiatives with others across the country. Reach out and let’s see if we can collaborate in 2016.
PORTFOLIO IN THE MEDIA
Last month our startups continued to attract significant media attention to highlight their growth.
- Andela: Is Africa Hiding the Next Mark Zuckerberg? The Future of Tech Talent [Wall Street Journal]
- FameBit: Like to post online videos? FameBit can make you money [USA Today]
- Shelfie: How to Turn Your Paper Books Into (Free) E-books and Audio Books [Time] [HuffingtonPost] [LifeHacker]
- Skift: Skift gets 30 percent of its revenue from branded content [Digiday]
- Pressboard: The Best Branded Content Partnerships of 2015 [AdAge] [Marketing Magazine]
- Discover Media: How do you attract buyers to a marketplace without sellers? [Globe & Mail]
- Koho: CEO Daniel Eberhard banks on millennials who want to avoid pesky fees [The Georgia Straight]
- Lighthouse Labs: Coding Camps are Sprouting Up Across Canada [Macleans]
RECENT HIGHLINE MEDIA MENTIONS
- Five ways Canada’s startup ecosystem can catch up with the world’s top innovators [Financial Post]
- Tech Startup Outlook 2016 [Business In Vancouver]
- TPP Could Be Dangerous To The Tech Community [Business In Vancouver]
- #TechIsBack: Reflecting on Three Words that Defined Canadian Tech in 2015 [TechVibes]
- Lauren Robinson spoke at the Startup Canada #EveryEntrepreneur Conference: Big Ideas to Propel Canadian Entrepreneurship Forward
Hope to see you in Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal & Ottawa in the upcoming weeks.
-The HIGHLINE Team