The world was watching Canada this past month, as Trudeau spoke at the World Economic Forum in Davos, telling global leaders that Canada is now an intellectual powerhouse rather than a resource-based economy. Read more in “Canada’s Pivot”: Technology, disruption and the fourth industrial revolution.
In Vancouver, the inaugural #BCTECH Summit took place on January 18 & 19th with over 3,600 attendees from across Canada and beyond. Four HIGHLINE Portfolio companies Control, ePACT Network, Koho and The Coup Company were selected to present in the Summit’s VC Presentations.
US and International investors are taking note of Canadian startups. US-based CB Insights named two HIGHLINE portfolio companies, Toronto-based, Meta and Calgary-based, Granify in “Looking North: 13 Early-Stage Startups To Watch In Canada
PORTFOLIO IN THE MEDIA
- Foodee: Foodee Raises $6 Million Series A to Expand Corporate Catering in the US [BetaKit] [TechVibes]
- ePACT: Four-Time Olympian Invests in ePact Emergency Network [TechVibes]
- Procurify Records Breakthrough Year in Signed Contracts, Growth, Product and Team [Press Release]
- Granify: Top 10 Canadian Marketing Tech Start-Ups Set To Blow Up In 2016 [Media In Canada]
- FameBit: Top 50 LA startups to watch in 2016 [Built in LA]
RECENT HIGHLINE MEDIA & ECOSYSTEM DEVELOPMENT
- How Raising Capital in 2016 will be different from 2015 [Entrepreneurship Society]
- 5 trends surging across the Canadian accelerator space [B2BNN]
- Six Key Takeaways from BDC Capital’s Latest FUNDamental Principals Discussion [TechVibes]
- Female Funders Breakfast Series Launch & next Angel School [Female Funders]
Hope to see you in Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal & Ottawa in the upcoming weeks.